Baby Soft Foot Peel Review

Thursday, July 27


Hiia! 

I am trying to get back in to the swing of posting. It's been so long since I've been here, and I miss it dearly. Between working my butt off to save money, and packing for my move halfway across the country, I've not had much time to sit down and write. I'm hoping that now that work is winding down I'll have a bit more time to write! 

I tried a foot peel out at the end of June and planned to post a review of it. Time got the better of me, and here I am posting it in July! 

I'm sure you've seen the foot peel craze on the internet somewhere. If not, they are these plastic booties that you wear for an hour and the formula inside them make all the dead skin on your feet peel off in a few days. I love a good skin peel. When I was younger (and even now) I loved to peel the skin from a sunburn. I find it very satisfying. Needless to say, when I saw this time of product all over the internet, I knew I wanted to try it! 

Disclosure, there will be pictures of feet and peeling skin, so if those bother you, I'd avoid this post! 

I found this version at Sephora for $25.00. 



When you open the package all that is included is the plastic booties; the information is all included on the packaging. You are supposed to stick your feet in the booties, tape the tops closed, put on some socks, and wait for roughly 1 hour. (You can wait an hour and a half but I chose not too.) As you can see below, my sister and I have the booties on with some socks. 





The gel stuff inside smelled very fruity (I'm assuming thats from the fruit extracts) and was very slimy. It was the weirdest sensation putting your feet in a plastic bootie full of slime. 
Over the hour that I sat in the booties the gel got colder and colder, which wasn't uncomfortable, just odd. It didn't get tingly or irritated which was good, as I was worried the gel would irritate my sensitive skin!
Finally, after an hour of sitting in the booties the instructions say to wash the gel off your feet and the dead skin will begin peeling in 4-5 days. 

First of all, I knew going in to this that my feet wouldn't peel the first day that I wore the booties. However, this did not stop me from checking immediately after I removed the booties and washed my feet. There was nothing happening. It was a little disappointing since I had just invested the hour waiting for the gel to work its magic! 

The product was true to its word though, nothing starting happening until day 4. The toes and upper part of my foot began peeling but it was very minor. I was hoping for something much more significant. This is what it looked like on day 4.




By day 5 I was getting a little frustrated that nothing was happening. I hopped in the shower and hoped that maybe today would be the day that everything started happening. It was. 

After I got out of the shower I could feel the skin on my feet snagging at the towel when I went to dry my feet and when I went to put my clothes on. Another weird sensation but I was excited to take a look at my feet! This is what I saw when I looked on day 5: 


Most of my upper foot was peeling and finally the heel was starting to peel as well. That was a glorious day for peeling the dead skin off. 


Now my overall opinion of the product: 
I'm not sure if this is safe for your body. To have to wear booties for 1 hour with some gel formula to make the dead skin on your feet peel doesn't seem like the healthiest way to shed dead skin. 

I also wasn't as impressed with the amount of dead skin. I imagined that there would be more, and that it would happen faster. It may just be that I'm an impatient person, though.

Overall I enjoyed the process, but I would not purchase it again for $25.00. 



Would you ever purchase a foot peel?


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I'm actually surprised it peeled as much as it did! Did it leave your feet baby soft?

    Renee | Life After Lux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, didn't even mention that part! Nope! Left them feeling just as they did before anything peeled off!!

      Delete